171 Cedar Arts Center is Hiring
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS ONLY - no phone calls; please do not apply in person.
We are seeking team members who understand and reflect 171's values of caring, honest, responsive, and community-minded excellence.
Email resume, outlining related experience, with a letter of interest, and at least two work-related references to Ms. Ann Recotta, Ann.Recotta@171Cedararts.org
JOB TITLE : Administrative Support Staff (Part-time)
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
REPORTS TO: Administrative Manager
SCHEDULE: Part-time, hourly
START DATE: Immediately
DAYS/HOURS REQUIREMENT: Candidates may be asked to work as early as 8:00 am or work as late as 10:00 pm
A Glimpse at the Job
As a crucial first point of contact, front desk Administrative Support Staff greets and communicates with all who attend classes and visit 171 Cedar Arts Center.
Support Staff possess excellent communication skills - both verbal and written - along with the proven ability to provide exceptional customer service. The best candidates will exhibit the ability to present a positive, welcoming and helpful attitude, work independently, and demonstrate strong organizational, computer and communication skills. Must be able to work in a fast-paced arts education environment.
This is a part-time, hourly position, requiring evening and weekend availability (between 10-35 hours per week)
- Registering clients for classes and processing payments,
- Utilizing registration database and scheduling software (Blackbaud/Raiser's Edge),
- Preparing spaces for classes and performances,
- Answering telephone, relaying calls and messages,
- Staffing reception desk and welcoming all visitors and students,
- Responding to questions from clientele,
- Various clerical duties,
- Additional duties may be assigned based upon experience.
Working Conditions - the following physical conditions and hazards may be encountered in this position:
- Indoor and outdoor environments; noise, ceramics dust, variance in temperatures, moisture and/or humidity.
- While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk; use hands handle or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach with hands and arms; and, talk or hear,
- Team member is often required to sit and stand,
- This position requires frequently lifting/moving/pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds; requires regularly lifting/moving/pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds; and, requires infrequent moving of 75 pounds or more,
- The position may also require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Knowledge of 171's class offerings and programming
- Proficient computer skills with exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop Suite (not required, but helpful)
- Part-time applicants should generally offer an open availability Monday - Sunday, between the primary operating hours of 8:00 am–10:00 pm,
- A criminal background check will be administered prior to an offer of employment,
- Applicants must have reliable, insured, transportation as well as a valid driver’s license.