To advocate and promote for local / state / federal government policies and community decisions that are conducive to a strong regional business climate and support quality economic growth and prosperity.
• The Chamber engages Member businesses through the Government Affairs Advisory Council, roundtable discussions and surveys to evaluate particular impact of proposed government policies at all levels of government: City, County, State, and Federal.
• Chamber President and the Advisory Council analyze the impact of these proposed policies on member businesses and the region. Specific attention is placed on issues related to quality of life, cost of doing business, regional mobility, and economic development.
• Chamber Government Affairs Advisory Council and Board of Directors develop appropriate support or opposition positions on policy with business perspective
• Annual legislative agenda including issues ranging from economic development, education, health care, transportation and workforce development
• Chamber-sponsored events provide Members access to elected officials and leaders
• Chamber leaders maintain continuous contact with elected officials to encourage a pro-business climate
Government Affairs programs are hosted throughout the year on relevant topics as determined by the annual member survey. These events include Breakfast Briefings, roundtables and panel discussions sponsored by Harter, Secrest & Emery, LLP and Corning Enterprises.