Administrative Manager, 171 Cedar Arts Center
171 Cedar Arts Center has a unique and creative work environment. With inclusivity and diversity at the heart of our values, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering both full-time and part-time positions.
We have served as the Corning area’s community multi-arts center for over 50 years, and we are located in two historic buildings in the heart of Corning, New York. Our mission is to enrich our community by offering exceptional arts education, exhibiting today’s artists, and presenting live performances.
Job Description: The Administrative Manager is responsible for a variety of administrative duties that support operation of the organization, including supervision of the part-time administrative staff and oversight of contractors. This position is full-time exempt, with health insurance benefits. The position may include weekends and/or evenings as program and event scheduling dictates.
The Administrative Manager is the first point of contact for visitors, callers, and contractors, and facility renters to 171 Cedar Arts Center's campus, and must provide exceptional customer service and act consistently with 171 Cedar Arts Center values. This role is a key staff position and supervises part-time administrative personnel including scheduling, training, assigning tasks and priorities and daily communication with all staff for smooth operations.
• Maintains an awareness of the Center's activities and programs; actively promotes attendance, membership, community involvement, and volunteerism at the Arts Center.
• Greets visitors and make them feel welcome by establishing a friendly and supportive environment.
• Manages part-time administrative staff and scheduling.
• Coordinates the music instructors. This includes managing studio rentals, tracking liability insurance and student lists, sharing information, holding periodic in person and/or videoconference meetings, and scheduling recitals.
• Acts as point of contact and coordination for housekeeping, maintenance services and contractors, and 171 volunteers.
• Responsible for leading and coordinating facilities changeover and supervision: Set-up and teardown of events, performances, classes and rentals.
• Accepts walk-in and phone class registrations and processes payments for class registrations, memberships, programs, performances and space rental.
• Responsible for scheduling building usage for rentals, performances and events. Processes space rental contracts • Processes class registrations on the website and in Raisers Edge.
• Works with Marketing & Development Manager to update www.171CedarArts.org, as needed.
• Works with Programming Manager to assign recruiting calls for classes and to help update our Raiser’s Edge database and scheduling.
• Processes class attendance sheets for all faculty.
• Monitors inventories and orders supplies to ensure undisrupted operations.
• Processes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail, e-mail, FAX and bulk.
• Serves as coordinator for facility closing and cancellation notifications due to weather and holidays.
• Follows all health and safety regulations. Serves on Facilities/Emergency Preparedness Committee.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by Executive Director, including administrative tasks. 2 Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Able to serve clients, faculty and visitors in a friendly and courteous, yet professional manner
• Able to work collaboratively in a team environment; team player
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to triage many requests and priorities and problem solve
• Keen attention to detail and strong follow through
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Ability to quickly grasp policies and protocols included in on-the-job training
• Nimble computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Raiser’s Edge (or similar CRM)
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• The following physical conditions and hazards may be encountered in this position: noise, ceramics dust, variance in temperatures, moisture and/or humidity. 171 Cedar Arts Center is a vibrant arts facility on a campus consisting of two historic buildings.
• While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds and climb ladders. Other
• Full time employees work a minimum of 40 hours per week, typically in 8–hour intervals and will occasionally work evenings or weekends to meet business needs. 171 Cedar Arts Center has primary operating hours of 8:00 am–10:00 pm.
• A criminal background check will be administered after employment is offered.
• Applicants must have reliable and insured transportation as well as a valid driver’s license.
To learn more about 171 Cedar Arts Center please visit our Web page: www.171CedarArts.org.
For more information, contact:
Beth Landin, Executive Director
171 Cedar Arts Center