Is looking for a qualified DIESEL MECHANIC/TECHNICIAN to join our winning team in our BATH Service Center! We offer full time benefits, EXCELLENT PAY, OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT AND MUCH MORE!!!
$$$ PAY RATE UP TO $20.00 PER HOUR dependent on experience! $$$
T&R Towing now has 5 locations: Bath, Painted Post, Dansville, Hornell and Montour Falls. We need an EXPERIENCED Diesel Mechanic/Technician for our BATH location.
Do you have grease running through your veins? Does the thought of chrome make you smile?
Duties: Responsible for general repairs and maintenance on all types of heavy and medium duty vehicles.
- Using technical knowledge, perform repairs for medium and heavy duty vehicles within allotted time limits
- Perform diagnostic tests to determine course of action for repair using computerized and/or specialized tools
- Establish list of parts needed for repairs and submit to Parts Department
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance including changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment/machinery
- Explain diagnosis and required repairs to service writer
- Clearly and concisely write each repair task on the repair order form
- Follow up with service writer and service manager with progress of repairs
- Ability to perform road side repairs for medium and heavy duty vehicles
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years technical experience in the automotive industry – medium/heavy duty truck industry preferred
- High degree of product and technical knowledge
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox
- Ability to use personal computer, general understanding of Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn other software
- Excellent follow-through, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer, and to performing required tasks accurately and professionally
- Must conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Ability to be on call nights and weekends for road service on a scheduled, rotating basis
- Valid* Driver’s License with clean driving record MANDATORY
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- *_Must be able to pass background check_*
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screening*
- Advanced technical training/education
- Commercial Driver’s License class “A” or “B"
- Previous work experience or technical school education in heavy duty diesel repair
- Knowledge of Navistar and Cummins
- Unwavering owner support to maximize your success
- A clear, yet flexible career path with substantial opportunity for growth
- Extensive technology to support all aspects of sales and service
- Culture of innovation and teamwork
- Great reputation and relationships with manufacturers
- Growing organization
- Forward-thinking ownership team
Competitive salary based on experience , comprehensive benefits package, including 401k plan, Ongoing training provided.
Send resumes to the email address listed on the account. NO CALLS PLEASE
Polmanteers Sales & Service dba T&R Towing is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status. Our company uses
E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.