Registered Nurse - Overnight (Hornell, NY Inpatient)
The Registered Nurse provides care to patients in the alcoholism and/or substance abuse environment. Accountable for assessment of patients and for assisting in the development of a health plan by performing the following duties. All client interactions must be conducted in accordance with regulations as required by the NYS Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS).
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a cordial, accommodating, and welcoming presence with patients at all times
- Provides for the comfort, safety, privacy, and confidentiality of patients
- May provide official regulatory services for Agency by reviewing and signing client treatment plans as needed
- Reviews medical assessments and physical exams from outside providers if needed
- Provides initial and ongoing assessment for clients in order to determine diagnosis and appropriate level of care
- Initiates and provides emergency care services as appropriate in life-threatening situations
- Functions as part of the practice environment health care team by developing medical intervention programs designed to meet the needs of the patient.
- Provides educational materials and follow-up visit instructions to patients as indicated
- Consistently maintains compliance with regulations governing HIV: NYS Public Health Law, NYS OASAS Regulations, 42CFR, and other patient confidentiality requirements
- Completes required medical record documentation in a timely and comprehensive manner and in compliance with NYS OASAS regulations. Effectively utilizes Agency’s medical software program(s)
- Participates as a contributing member of an interdisciplinary team in coordination and delivery of patient care
- Participates in professional supervision and education that supports continuous improvement of client care, including weekly case management staff meetings
- Meets productivity requirements by utilizing various techniques to engage clients and minimize failed appointments
- Maintains QHP status as required by job title
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of substance abuse problems and their effects on the individual and family members including human behavior, attitudes, and motivations and their applicability in the treatment/rehabilitation of the substance abuser and/or offender.
- Familiar with the resources available to individuals with substance abuse problems.
- Ability to recognize symptoms of substance abuse and elicit information concerning underlying reasons for addiction.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain documentation of services, treatment records, and reports utilizing computer databases and software programs including proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and the general publi
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be able to:
- Use a computer including keyboard and mouse operations; visual and/or auditory capacity.
- The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
The Registered Nurse must be able to prioritize situations and manage time, and may find that they are needed at irregular hours causing fatigue and stress. The RN may experience stress and stress related symptoms due to interacting with clients in crisis. S/he may be exposed to illness and unsanitary conditions so must take care to protect their own health. They may also have to manage physically threatening clients and be prepared to be responsible for their own safety, and the safety of others.
The employee is expected to adhere to strict policies/regulations relative to being in a tobacco and alcohol free workplace. Work is performed in a normal office environment.
Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Nursing, with prior clinical experience in a substance abuse environment, a New York State Education Department License as a Registered Nurse, a valid driver’s license. This position is subject to a criminal background clearance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Night shift
- Overtime pay
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN Certification (Required)
- One location