5 Things: Bampa's House and PRC of the Valleys
As you may know, in December we honor our nonprofit Members at a a very special Business After Hours. Our local nonprofits do so much for our community, and they are tireless in their efforts to improve and enhance the lives of innumerable area residents. In this spirit, we are featuring two local nonprofits today. Here are Five Things You Don't Know about PRC of the Valleys and Bampa's House:
1. Our Home is located at 170 E 1st Street.
2. We are currently looking for potential volunteers to staff our house.
3. We are funded 100% with donations for the 3 area counties that are serviced by CareFirst.
4. Without donations, this house cannot survive.
5. The home is named Bampa's House, which was established in honor of Jim Dugan, a native of Corning, whose grandchildren nicknamed him Bampa.
Our goal for Membership is to expand our presence in the community. We need to make this house the community's house.
What ONE thing do we want people to think of when they think of Bampa's House? We are in the business of providing compassionate care to the terminally ill. At Bampa's House, they can spend their final days in a peaceful, home-like environment.
PRC of the Valleys
1. Our services are free of charge.
2. We offer evidence-based medical education.
3. We are networked with area churches and other faith-based organizations, as well as other organizations.
4. We have a co-located medical office for limited obstetric services.
5. We have 2 other locations: Bath and Mt. Morris.
Our goal for Membership is to be an active member of the community in which we are located and provide additional resources for overall community health and wellness.
What ONE thing do we want people to think about when they think of PRC of the Valleys? We offer professional, compassionate care for members of the community.