5 Things: National Soaring Museum and Corning Painted Post Civic Music Association
This week's Five Things honors culture and history. We are lucky to have many wonderful organizations who provide a rare glimpse into the past and provide access to history and music, and these two Member organizations are some of the finest. If you are looking to enjoy a unique experience, please see Five Things you Don't Know about the National Soaring Museum and the Corning Painted Post Civic Music Association.
Five Things You Don't Know About the National Soaring Museum:
1. We are in our 51st year!
2. We have the largest collection of historic sailplanes and gliders in the United States.
3. We have rental space for meetings, banquets, receptions and more.
4. We have special exhibits throughout the year such as art, miniatures and others.
5. We have a delightful gift shop!
Our Goal for Membership is to raise public awareness of our fabulous museum.
What ONE thing do we want people to know about the Soaring Museum? We will exceed your expectations!
Five Things You Don't Know About Corning-Painted Post Civic Music Association:
1. CCMA is the longest continuously operating, all-volunteer performing arts organization in our region – 91 years and going strong!
2. Civic Music organizations were set up all over the country in the early 20th century to bring cultural events to small communities like Corning. The current board will be reaching to several “sister” organizations of a similar “age” to benchmark best practices.
3. In the early days, all concerts were sold out, there was a waiting list to subscribe, and subscribers were not notified about the next season’s artists until they had paid their subscriptions in advance.
4. Despite its “age,” several community leaders have pointed to CCMA as the model “arts organization of the future” since we have no paid staff, no buildings or other physical assets, and a lean administrative footprint. Our strength is in our volunteers!
5. CCMA is one of the best entertainment values in our area. For example, if you wanted to see Booker T. or Bela Fleck anywhere else you’d pay twice or three times as much!
Our Goal for Membership is to raise the community profile and awareness of CCMA. We’re also looking to collaborate with other businesses. For example, Connor’s has sponsored a single concert for the last two years, yielding good revenue return from their program discount offers.
What ONE thing do we want people to think of when they think of my business? We bring the highest quality performing artists to our region at a most affordable price. And we give back to our community by sponsoring a variety of in-school music education programs, featuring world-class artists as teachers, mentors and inspiration!