Five Things You Don’t Know About: The Arc of Steuben
1. We serve over 950 people within Steuben County that have developmental disabilities, and their families.
2. We are now The Arc Steuben!
3. The Arc of Steuben has 14 residential homes located throughout Steuben County. Our homes offer a variety of options for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities 18 years old and above.
4. We have janitorial and light assembly businesses with competitive pricing.
5. We offer 4 public transportation bus routes: Wayland; Jasper-Troupsburg; Addison & Plattsburg.
Five Things You Don’t Know About: United Way of the Southern Tier
1. United Way of the Southern Tier has received donations of over $100 million in the past 25 years thanks to employee giving, corporate gifts, and the generosity of area residents.
2. United Way of the Southern Tier focuses its efforts on health and human services initiatives – specifically for children, senior citizens and our neediest neighbors.
3. United Way of the Southern Tier serves Chemung and Steuben Counties.
4. United Way of the Southern Tier traces its roots to 1993 when four United Ways – United Way of Chemung County, United Way of Southeastern Steuben, United Way of Central Steuben, and Hornell Area United Way – came together. While first called United Way of Chemung and Steuben Counties, the name was changed in 1997 to United Way of the Southern Tier.
5. In 2018, United Way of the Southern Tier partnered with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library to provide age-appropriate books- free of charge – to children each month living in Chemung and Steuben counties. Children receive books up until their 5th birthday. The initiative has grown dramatically with more than 1,000 children now registered. The program’s goal is to instill a love of reading at a young age to improve school readiness and create a path for future success in school and in life.
Our Goal for Membership is to join forces with area businesses to build a strong and enduring community through advocacy and public policy efforts that represent our shared interest. United Way is leading a cross-sector change effort that is improving the quality of life in the Southern Tier.